Jun 14, 2016

2003 Wu Chi Dao Mengku Zheng Shan (Yunnan Sourcing)

2003 wu chi dao aged sheng puerh yunnan sourcing

I have learned to beware Lincang puerh. The taste is just too sharp and the grassy tea makes my stomach upset. Because I do not want to judge a whole tea area too quickly, I thought I'd give aged Lincang tea a chance to change my mind.

And it did. This sample I bought from Yunnan Sourcing still possesses some of that grassy and vegetable character, but it has mellowed considerably and tamed by softer notes of earth and honey. Next time I would like to taste an aged Lincang, but one that has been stored in a drier environment.

2003 wu chi dao aged sheng puerh yunnan sourcing

The fragrance of the first infusion is a subtle mixture of earthiness and honey. Underneath this one can almost distinguish the grassy aromas of Lincang tea, but it does not clearly manifest itself. While drinking the tea the earthiness starts to fade and the scent of honey gets stronger.

The taste is clear and refreshing with a bit of aged sweetness. At the very outer layer of the taste there are the slightest remains of bitterness. One can also taste the occasional grassy notes, which do not get too sharp and are not too upsetting to the stomach.

Slowly a faint honeylike and flowery aftertaste rises, which is quite delicious but does not last too long. After a while a different and longer lasting grassy aftertaste appears.



No comments:

Post a Comment