Jun 23, 2016

2000 CNNP Zhang Xiang Bu Lang Review (Yunnan Sourcing)


It is very rare to me to drink puerh from other regions than Yi Wu and Lincang these days. At least that's how it seems to me. Actually I am not sure whether I have ever tasted Bulang puerh before.

There is quite little of that moist freshness in the dry leaves that I have found in most puerhs I've recently drunk. Let's see if that indicates a more aged tea.

After rinsing the leaves the ages character starts to reveal itself. There is strong damp earthiness in the fragrance of the leaves and some dark fruity notes in the background. When I sip the tea the earthy scent fades and faint notes of old wood emerge.




The aroma of the first infusion is undoubtably aged. Not semiaged, but aged. A soft earthiness prevails, but it is enveloped in sweet and thick honeylike and fruity scent.

The taste is soft, a little powdery, and thick. I can distinguish traces of bitterness, which is a pleasant surprise as it gives some edge to the mouthfeel. The taste shows some signs of a semiaged tea, but there are really not that much clearly defined flavors. A fresh grainy aftertaste appears as soon as I sip the tea though.


I quite like the combination of aged and semiaged qualities. I did not have the chance to properly concentrate while drinking this tea, and I had just opened the bag so there was a heavy storage aroma present, so I am eagerly waiting how this tea will taste the next time.

Link to the tea on Yunnan Sourcing's website

No comments:

Post a Comment